Active Engagement in Learning!

Active Engagement in Learning!





Role playing, storytelling, drama






Thursday, March 7, 2013

Central to the Affective Domain

The group that I was assigned with consisted of myself (Pedro), Gem, TinMar and Beauty.  The area that we covered was the Central to the Affective Domain.  There are three areas that involve this area and they are:
a.  attitude
b.  motivation
c.  anxiety
 
We covered Attitude and Motivation.  They made me the leader which at first I had built a little anxiety.  But, I found that cooperative learning is very effective and this is the attitude that I perceived as positive and being part of a group that gave me confidence to present to the rest of my colleagues/classmates in our class meeting and our assigned subject and participation.  Their moral support allowed me to confidently deliver the information with a positive attitude and gave me the motivation to want to deliver the information.  So this is my thought of how the many students that I may encounter, will be able to support the other students by group learning. 
Attitude and Motivation was basically applied by my group upon me.  My fellow group members made comments that helped to support me and make me feel like it wasn't impossible to present.
It was my experience as a student in this participation to be able to understand exactly how a student would feel while trying to fit in and cooperate with students of the target language.  Because I experienced this hopeful feeling of knowing I was supported, I felt as if I couldn't fail to deliver is the feel every student should be able to feel.  We should all be knowledgeable of how to positively affect and motivate, when we are teaching our children of Guam.  


4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful experience. I always found that group projects were great for all types of students. Outgoing students would be able to still communicate their ideas, but quiet students could as well being the size of the group could make it so they aren't so intimidated to speak. Groups, as you stated, are also a great way for students to be able to share ideas or learn concepts that enrich all members of the group.

    -Kaylynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooperative learning will assist in increasing students'positive attitude and motivation. It may also decrease anxiety. By doing such things, we will make students more comfortable with their environment and learn more during their social interaction. Cooperative learning is a great way to mix learners of different levels so that all needs are met. Also like they say, when students do the talking they are learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an excellent job, Pedro! The entire group had confidence in you to deliver an exceptional presentation. Thanks for accepting the responsibility of being the "leader" and I'm glad that you had a wonderful, positive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pedro, you really did a great job in delivering our section for the chapter. You were confident with our section and I remembered our group were very encouraging throughout this activity. Thank you so much for taking the responsibility of being the "leader" for our group. I am glad I was in your group and also that you had a wonderful positive experience.Good job!

    ReplyDelete