Active Engagement in Learning!

Active Engagement in Learning!





Role playing, storytelling, drama






Thursday, April 18, 2013

Affective Activity: BLOGGING

Affective activities are great ways to make learning meaningful. One idea for an affective activity would be to create blogs for students to use. Because students are technology savvy and have access to it at home or at school, it would be an engaging way for students to apply their skills in the target language. Here is a link for teachers to create educational and safe blogs for students of all grades and courses: http://kidblog.org/home/

 

2 comments:

  1. I like your shared ideas for educational blog. With the guidance of the teacher and classmates with age relevant interests, ELLs can voice their opinion in writing. While face-to-face interaction can be intimidating for some students, participating in the class blog (just like we are doing) can result in positive interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tish, this is a great idea. Children are computer savvy like you said. It's amazing how you see these kids with high tech devices provided to them by their parents. I really like the idea of creating blogs for the students to apply their skills in the target language. I am just thinking how am I going to use this great idea when I am in the classroom. I have to keep in mind that not all students have computer access, especially these ESL students. Maybe this is something that I can use only in the classroom if I have enough computers.

    ReplyDelete