Active Engagement in Learning!

Active Engagement in Learning!





Role playing, storytelling, drama






Thursday, April 25, 2013

SIOP in Action

I wanted to know what was out there for SIOP lesson plans, and found this one. There is a lesson that makes use of SIOP lesson plan called “Exploring China through Folktales,” focusing on education for global understanding. I think it is one example of teaching language through content area, enhanced with technology. I am not planning to use the lesson but I have gotten some good ideas after I looked at the lesson plan. Having your own professional blog and reading other’s in the same profession seems like a seminar online, exchanging ideas and learning from each other.
http://mswaughsclass.blogspot.com/2013/03/exploring-china-through-folktales-siop.html

2 comments:

  1. Lwin, thanks for sharing this lesson plan. It's a good model of a SIOP lesson plan. I also think it's great that teachers are sharing their ideas online. Ultimately, it's the students that will benefit from the collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lwin, thank you for sharing this link for the SIOP lesson plan. I always look forward to reading and watching videos posted by everyone of our classmates. I was going over the lesson plan and like you said it is an example of teaching language through content area, enhanced with technology. There were some good ideas shared through this blog and I think they might just help me later on when I get in to the classroom. I like this whole idea of sharing ideas online!

    ReplyDelete