Active Engagement in Learning!

Active Engagement in Learning!





Role playing, storytelling, drama






Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Silent Way Approach

Being I am not a teacher, I find that videos of methods discussed in the book really help in my understanding. Sometimes I will just go through Youtube watching any type of method being taught in an ESL class. I came across the 'Silent Way' approach and thought it was quite interesting. There isn't anything quite silent about this method, but instead the students will come up with their own sounds from the English language. After enough of these sounds are assigned to colors, they can be stringed together to form words. I don't know how effective this method would be but I think if it was paired with other approaches, it could be helpful for students.

-Kaylynne

   

No comments:

Post a Comment