Active Engagement in Learning!

Active Engagement in Learning!





Role playing, storytelling, drama






Thursday, February 14, 2013

No Exceptions Signs





This sign raises a lot of questions with me. I am not sure what the motivation was to put up a sign like this is Crestwood, but obviously the mayor is very adamant about knowing the English language. I wonder if this mayor ever took a class on multicultural diversity or ethnic studies. If he did, then he should realize his statement is harsh and insensitive.

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame that the picture isn't showing up, as I would like to see what the sign actually stated. However, from your title and post, my guess is that the sign is stating that English is the only language that should be spoken. (If I'm wrong, please correct me.) Why a mayor of all people would put up a sign like that actually is confusing. America actually doesn't have a national or official language, so for a public official to state that people must speak only in English is a terrible abuse of his or her power.

    -Kaylynne

    ReplyDelete