Active Engagement in Learning!

Active Engagement in Learning!





Role playing, storytelling, drama






Thursday, May 2, 2013

Positive Experience Approach

          The activities and comments shown in class today were excellent! Good job
to all presenters! I learned a lot and gaine many new ideas for the classroom that I would like to try. One activity I found interesting was the very last one, Dr. Rivera’s Positive Experience Approach. I think that that activity is a good way to lower anxiety and increase motivation within the class as a whole and as individuals. When students, old or young, are reminded of their good qualities they become more confident and enjoy their class and the company of his or her classmates. This activity can also be done as ice-breakers or small activities for extra
curricular groups or out-of-school groups. It is a good social motivator for even those English language learners who are new to a place. I will even do this for my students!


Positive attitudes create positive experiences!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Tish! I'm glad that you enjoyed and learned from the various activities/methods that were presented. It's a good idea to carry out the Positive Experience Approach (PEA) with your students, so that they can be further motivated in the learning process. Kudos to all of you!

    Best regards,
    Dr. Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tish, I am with you on this one. I love this activity in fact I think all the activities presented were all great for the classroom. I am going to add all the activities to my list for my future classroom. This is a great social motivator for our ESL students. I was sharing with Dr. Rivera that I remembered doing this activity my senior year in high school. It was indeed a great activity. Thank you Dr. Rivera for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're most welcome, Beauty! I concur. May we continue to have more positive opportunities in the classroom!

    All the best,
    Dr. Rivera

    ReplyDelete