Active Engagement in Learning!

Active Engagement in Learning!





Role playing, storytelling, drama






Thursday, May 2, 2013

Post by: FINA

I really enjoyed Julie’s presentation on Concrete Poetry. There were a lot of
great ideas I got from the presentation. I liked the worksheet on Figurative
Language it really helped to clarify and differentiate between a simile, metaphor,
personification, hyperbole, onomatopoeia, and alliteration. Using songs as an
example for students to hear similes and metaphors was a great idea and resource.
I really enjoyed learning about how easy and fun it would be to incorporate poetry
into lessons for all students.

I learned so much and loved all the presentations tonight! Thanks for the wealth of
knowledge:)

1 comment:

  1. That is true. Everyone came up with really good methods to share with the class and we all got to learn from each other through the presentations. I appreciate especially the presentations for younger students because I have learned useful tips to keep attention from the learners of that age group with short focus span on one topic. Your ideas and demonstrations were awesome, and thank you for your best effort in sharing.

    ReplyDelete